Denver School Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or your child has been injured in a school bus accident, get in touch with The Fang Law Firm today. Our Denver school bus accident lawyers are tough advocates for injured children and their families.
Sadly, automobile accidents are a common occurrence in the U.S. School bus accidents are particularly alarming, as they threaten the safety of our children and others on the roadways.
Why Choose The Fang Law Firm?
- At The Fang Law Firm, our Denver school bus accident attorneys are dedicated to helping our clients in the best way possible by tailoring each case to the client’s unique needs.
- We take a hands-on approach to case management and do not employ paralegals or legal assistants.
- All our cases are handled directly by experienced Denver accident attorneys who give you their undivided attention.
- We have more than 10 years of litigation experience, handling more than 10,000 collective cases, with a 98% success rate.
Causes of School Bus Accidents
Fortunately, school bus accidents are not as common as car accidents. When they occur, most school bus accidents are caused by one of the following:
- Driver distraction: Distracted driving is dangerous in any type of vehicle. School bus drivers have the added distraction of school-age children as passengers, who can be disruptive and significantly distract the driver.
- Driver fatigue: Tired school bus drivers are more prone to errors. Accidents can occur when a tired driver is inattentive, fails to observe the rules of the road, or turns too sharply or widely.
- Mechanical failure: School buses should undergo regular inspections and maintenance to ensure they are safe. When something is missed, mechanical failure can cause an accident on the road.
- Other drivers: School buses can be involved in accidents caused by other drivers. When a passenger vehicle collides with a school bus, students on the bus, who are not wearing seat belts, may be injured in the crash.
Who Is Liable for a Denver School Bus Accident?
To determine who is liable for injuries sustained in a school bus accident, you must first determine what caused the accident and which party was negligent. If bus driver negligence caused the collision, the school district that employs the driver may be found liable. If another driver or mechanical failure was at fault, a claim for damages may be filed against the other driver or manufacture of the defective vehicle.
School Bus Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides the following data about school transportation crashes:
- 1,172 fatal school transportation accidents occurred from 2006 to 2015.
- 1,313 people were killed in those crashes – an average of 131 fatalities per year.
- Occupants of school buses and school transportation vehicles accounted for 9% of the fatalities.
- Nonoccupants (pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.) accounted for approximately 20% of the fatalities.
- 72% of people who lost their lives in school transportation accidents were occupants of other vehicles.
- 102 pedestrians ages 18 and younger were killed in school transportation accidents.
- 38 school bus vehicle occupants (18 drivers and 20 passengers) were killed in single-vehicle crashes.
- 31 drivers and 44 passengers of school buses died in multiple-vehicle wrecks.
Contact Our Firm
Our Denver school bus accident attorneys at The Fang Law Firm in Denver can investigate the accident, determine liability, and zealously pursue a claim for compensation. Contact us as soon as possible if you or your child has been hurt in a school bus accident.