Denver Limousine Accident Attorney
Limousines are associated with luxury and great for weddings, proms, and special occasions. However, they as just as vulnerable to accidents as any other vehicle. In fact, the additional and length and weight of a limo means a greater force of impact in a crash, which can cause more serious injuries.
If you have been hurt in a limousine accident, you may have a claim for compensation. Call The Fang Law Firm in Denver to schedule a consultation with our Denver limousine accident lawyers. Our experienced Denver auto accident attorneys can tell you what damages you may be able to claim.
Why Choose Us?
- We handle all our cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay us no fees until we recover compensation for you.
- Our personal injury lawyers have more than 10 years of experience litigating over 10,000 collective cases with proven results.
- Our success rate is 98%.
Causes of Limousine Accidents
Limo accidents can injure passengers, pedestrians, and other motorists. Common causes include:
- Lack of safety features: Because of their size and structure, most limousines have added, built-in safety features. Operators may strip key safety features to increase capacity for carrying passengers or to improve speed. If you can prove you were injured as a passenger in a limo lacking safety features, you have grounds for filing a claim.
- Inadequate driver education: All limousine drivers must follow certain guidelines established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). However, with poor training, drivers may not develop the skills needed to properly operate a limo, or they may fail to follow FMCSA guidelines. This can have disastrous consequences for passengers and others on the roadways.
- Driver impairment: Driving while intoxicated is even more dangerous when the driver is carrying passengers. An alcohol or drug-impaired driver should never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a limousine. If you were involved in a limo accident in which you suspect the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speak with an experienced attorney about your legal options.
Who Is Liable in a Limousine Crash?
Determining liability is one of the most important aspects of a limousine accident case. Potentially liable parties may include:
- Limousine driver: Limo drivers have a duty to their passengers to get them safely to their destination. If a driver acted negligently, he or she may be liable for the accident. Examples of negligent driving behavior include speeding, failure to obey traffic laws, aggressive driving, and falling asleep at the wheel. As employees, most limo drivers are covered by their company’s insurance policy rather than their own.
- Limousine company: Limousine companies are responsible for the safety of their operations, which includes having qualified drivers and functional vehicles. If a limousine accident is caused by a negligent driver or a defective vehicle, it may be grounds for a negligence claim.
- Other drivers: When a driver other than the limousine driver causes a limo accident, victims may file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If the accident occurred while the limo driver was working, the limousine company is another potentially liable party.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in a limousine accident, the Denver limousine accident attorneys at The Fang Law Firm in Denver can identify potentially liable parties and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive. Call us as soon as possible for dedicated legal assistance in your limousine accident claim.