Free Consultation
Call Us (720) 379-6363
Text Us (719) 534-3132
Call Us (720) 379-6363
Text Us (719) 534-3132
 Image One  Image Two  Image Three

Arvada Wrongful Death Attorney

If someone caused your loved one’s death, either on purpose or unintentionally, please contact the Arvada wrongful death attorneys at Fang Law Firm right away. Our attorneys can answer your questions, explain the legal process in Colorado and fight for positive case results on your family’s behalf.

Wrongful death is the most devastating possible outcome of someone being careless. The legal definition of wrongful death in Colorado is the death of one person by the recklessness, negligence or intentional behavior of another person.

What Can an Arvada Wrongful Death Lawyer Do for You?

In wrongful death law, insurance companies often take advantage of grieving families. They use many tactics to try to convince claimants to accept as little money as possible. Only by hiring a wrongful death attorney can you learn the true value of your claim. Once your lawyer evaluates your case, he or she can help you fight for a fair amount in insurance benefits.

Wrongful death claims are not only about the money. Most families come forward with wrongful death claims not for financial gain but to hold negligent or reckless parties accountable. Holding someone responsible for your loved one’s death can bring the decedent justice. Filing a claim gives your deceased loved one a voice in the civil justice system – allowing you to tell his or her story and demand justice for wrongdoing.

What Are the Most Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Colorado?

A wrongful death case in Colorado can arise after many different types of accidents. Your family may have grounds to file a wrongful death claim in Arvada if you lost a loved one in any of the following circumstances:

Fang Law Firm offers legal services in all of these practice areas. We will listen to your account of events and review the merits of your case. If we believe you have grounds for a wrongful death claim and accept you as a client, we will help you with the filing process.

Can You File a Wrongful Death Claim in Colorado?

In Colorado, the right to file a wrongful death claim belongs only to a surviving spouse in the first year after the death. In the second year, the opportunity opens up to surviving children as well. If the deceased person does not have a surviving spouse or child, his or her parents can file a wrongful death claim.

A plaintiff must file a wrongful death claim within two years of the individual’s death. Two years is Colorado’s statute of limitations, or deadline for filing. If the filing party fails to come forward within two years of the date of death, he or she will most likely lose the right to recover any financial compensation.

Compensation Available for Wrongful Death

No amount of money can make up for a loss of life. A financial award, however, could allow a grieving family to pay off bills and debts to possess greater financial stability in the future – especially after the death of a breadwinner. A wrongful death claim pursues financial compensation for the losses suffered by surviving family members.

These losses can include:

  • Reasonable funeral and burial expenses
  • A family’s related medical bills
  • The deceased’s lost wages and employment benefits
  • Lost life insurance or inheritance
  • Loss of consortium, or a loved one’s support and companionship
  • Punitive damages

A survival action, on the other hand, is a claim to compensation by a representative of the decedent’s estate for the deceased person’s losses. A survival action can pay the estate for the victim’s losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Speak to a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Arvada Today

If you recently lost a loved one in a preventable accident in Arvada, Colorado, contact Fang Law Firm as soon as possible to request a free consultation. Our Arvada wrongful death attorneys can work closely with your family to pursue justice and maximum financial compensation. Call (720) 379-6363 today to speak to an attorney.